Saturday, October 3, 2009

GRAVE DECLARATION - THE NIGHTSHIFT WORSHIPER / 2008 / BIOGRAPHY
















THIS DEMO CONTAIN(4-TRACKS)
1-YOUR BEAUTY EMBRACED
2-TO MY REDEEMER
3-LAMENTATION
4-THE GRAVE EXALTATION OF THE MOST SOVEREIGN GOD
CREDITS:
Thor Georg Buer - Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Prog
Eivind Haugstad - Clean Vocals
Byron Eggehorn - Clean Vocals, Additional Guitar Tapping
Aditional Musichians:
Thor Georg Buer - Guitar, Vocals
Marit Skaalum Jacobsen - Keys, Clean Vocals
Pål Haugland Andersen - Bass
Randall Barres - Drums
Hilda Kathrine Eriksen - Clean Vocals
Erik Berg - Guitar













BIOGRAPHY:
This band started out as a project where I wanted to make worship songs in the metal genre. Through the years I have hardly ever found a church that played music I felt comfortable with, so I figured I would try To write some myself. I believe that when the church uses music as a tool for worshiping God, it's a much more powerful tool when you can associate to the music. When it comes to the lyrics, I've gone in some of the same direction as David does with the psalms in the bible. In a lot of the psalms, he describes his circumstances, how bad everything is, how he feels like he's dying, or people want him killed, but through it all, God is still worthy of praise, and in God, he finds hope and comfort.(http://www.myspace.com/gravedeclaration)










REVIEW:
This is a great disc, i especially love the last track. Must get for fans of Antestor, Vaakevandring, and Dimmu Borgir,Very good atmospheric Death Metal,Absolutely amazing atmospheric death metal! This pulls elements from just about everywhere.Too bad it's only 4 songs but it leaves me very eagerly anticipating anything that is to come from this band.A pure Masterpiece! Quality music that is melodic, intense, and diverse with it's musical layers. An excellent release,This one man project starts of as epic and hard-hitting as it can get. And no where on this 25 minuts journey does it slow down, except for the hauntingly beautiful piano part that begings the last track on the ep. Atmospheric black metal with plenty of brutal growls and some clean male vocals. The production is good, although I could use a bit more guitar volume... I think the drums are programmed, mainly due to the fact that it's written in the cover :-P, but they sound goooood!! The message is simply a devoted worship to God!.(http://www.holymetal.org/)













REVIEW:
MOMENTUM SCANDINAVIA are proud to present yet another fresh piece of metal from the North! GRAVE DECLARATION consists of ONE man, Thor Georg Buer, a multi talented Norwegian musician and songwriter with great passion for his art as well as the One who deserves praise above all.Music wise this is heavy symphonic black metal with death metal elements, for fans of Vaakevandring, Dimmu Borgir, Children Of Bodom or even bands like Opeth and Crimson Moonlight. The use of Keyboards and some Guest Clean Vocals gives the listener a perfect break from a rather neck wrecking experience...Lyric wise this is a treasure of it's own and lots of time of writing and meditation has been spent to this purpose alone. Perfect if you need some "alternative" praise and worship music."Oh Saviour Of Mine" My Heart has a desperate urge to cry: My God, My God, in fear I will bow.At your throne where I know there's mercy to be foundTears are fragile, and rare at these times. But this one that came out; I'll give to youTo say that I am yours, Even in days of sorrow"(http://www.holymetalrob.com/)