Monday, February 16, 2009

CONTENDER - FIGHT TO WIN - 1990 / DISCOGRAPHY / BIOGRAPHY / REVIEW
















THIS ALBUM CONTAIN(9-TRACKS)
1-I WON'T GIVE UP
2-CONVENIENT CHRISTIANITY
3-YOU'RE THERE FOR ME
4-FIGHTING TO WIN
5-SO I AM SINGING
6-CRYING OVER YOU
7-I KNOW YOU'RE THERE
8-PULLING THE WOOL
9-I BELIEVE IN YOU
CREDITS:
Steve Atwood- Guitar, Keyboards, Drums,Bass,Vocals
Paul Grimsland- Electric And Acoustic Guitars,Vocals
Rich McCarthy- Bass
Eddie Villanueva- Lead Vocals
Bob Vinsick- Guitar, Drums,Bass
Contender rules and I wish they would do a reunion. I still know all the lyrics and listen to the cd almost daily. Paul and Steve are a guitar duo that has yet to be match even in mainstream music. Good memories and great riffs.This is Christian melodic rock not far from the likes of bands such as Fighter and Halo .Almost a 70's feel on the guitar at times with a very 80's rock (not metal) feel. It is a pretty decent rock album, if you like the style. If I had to give you an idea of the level of how hard rock it is, it would be in the category with Petra and White Heart...although they sound different(http://www.holymetalrob.com/)