Wednesday, May 27, 2009

RENASCENT - THROUGH THE DARKNESS/2004/2005/DISCOGRAPHY REVIEW

















THIS ALBUM CONTAIN(12-TRACKS)
1-IN HELL
2-CORROSION OF EMOTIONS
3-SCENES OF A TRAGEDY
4-THROUGH DARKNESS
5-SUSTAIN ME
6-ARISE
7-THE LAST JOURNEY
8-WISDOM CALLS
9-WARRIORS OF THE MORNING
10-EXODUSMAJESTY
11-SON OG GOD(Japan Bonus Track)
RENASCENT - DEMON'S QUEST /2004















THIS EP CONTAIN(4-TRACKS)
1-IN THE MIDST OF PERSECUTION
2-CIRCUS OF FLESH
3-DEMON'S QUEST
4-SON OF GOD
CREDITS:Line-up:
Eero Tertsunen - Guitars and Vocals
Mikaela Akrenius - Keyboards
Jani Stefanovic - Drums and Clean Vocals
Voitto Rintala - Bass












I must say that this isn't quite the genre of metal I normally seek out: I'm more of a power and/or melodic and/or folk listener at heart. Strictly in terms of black metal "sound" (this being an Unblack band, after all) I find little to fault this group for. Message-wise, it's no surprise that metal, especially the heavier stuff, is better suited to delivering so-called Jeremiads (especially the sinners burning in hell part) than espousing the positive aspects of Christianity.But This band is really good And it has Very Deep christian lyrics, I would recommend it to anyone who likes melodic death metal,I've had this problem for a while where I find myself liking the music of the Black Metal sub-genre, but most Black Metal bands have very Satanic themes to them, and being a Christian, I really don't appreciate it. Anyway, a few weeks ago, I found out about Unblack Metal, Black Metal music with Christian lyrics. It certainly works out. And I gotta say, Renascent certainly nails the best aspects of Unblack Metal. I don't really like the raw, unproduced sound most Black Metal bands go for,So the quality of the production works great for me.They have a very melodic sound to them,So I'd probably specifically Classify them as Melodic Unblack Metal.If you are a fan of the raw sounding stuff Though,I'd reccomend Horde, Another wonderful Unblack Metal band.And Obviously,The lyrics are highly Christian,Which is wonderful for people like me. And while Horde's lyrics Are Rather Violently Against Satan, Renascent's lyrics Praise God and Jesus while Villifying Satan,Not at all in a violent manner.If you don't know if you'll like their sound or not, then to me they sound a bit like Dimmu Borgir, but obviously not Satanic. If you're still not sure, "In Hell" and "Scenes of a Tradgedy" are both on YouTube, so you can sample their music before listening, like I did. All in all, if you like Melodic Black Metal, but would rather hear Christian lyrics, then this is the perfect Band For You(http://www.holymetalrob.com/)