Friday, May 8, 2009

MIKE STAND & CLASH SYMBOLS - FULL CIRCLE / 2002/2006 DISCOGRAPHY AND REVIEWS

















THIS ALBUM CONTAIN(11-TRACKS)
1-LIVE
2-WHEN YOU'RE LISTENING
3-ALWAYS ON MY MIND
4-FULL CIRCLE
5-SONG YOU CAN'T TUNE OUT
6-BOUND TO THE UNKNOWN
7-ROCKET TO THE MOON
8-IS THERE ANYMORE TO LIFE
9-HEAVEN TO THE EARTH
10-THIS DAY IS MINE
11THE HILL
CLASS SYMBOLS -BEGGING AT THE TEMPLE
GATE CALLED BEAUTIFUL /2006
















THIS ALBUM CONTAIN(13-TRACKS)
1-FREE
2-SAVE ME
3-PORTRAIT OF A KING
4-IF IT WERE TRUE...IT WOULDN'T BE A LIE
5-THINK IT OVER
6-DON'T LOOK AWAY
7-ABSURD
8-RED
9-ALL
10-ARMISTACE DAY
11-ASK
12-TEAR
13-BANQUET
CLASH OF SYMBOLS - SUNDAY IS AN ALTOGETHER
DIFFERENT PROPOSITION/2005
















THIS ALBUM CONTAIN(8-TRACKS)
1-GIVE
2-THIS
3-PAINT THIS PLACE
4-I DON'T HEAR THE QUESTION
5-SURROUND ME
6-PLEASE....
7-MAYBE
8-BONUS TRACK
MIKE STAND - DO I STAND / 1998
















THIS ALBUM CONTAIN(10-TRACKS)
1-I'M OLNY HUMAN
2-DO I STAND ALONE
3-TO GIVE ALL IS EVERYTHING
4-DEAR GOD
5-I WALK THE WALL
6-A FREEDOM'S WROTH FIGHTING FOR
7-I'VE SEEN GREY
8-THE WAY I WANT TO BE
9-WHAT'S GOING ON
10-SIMPLE TRUTH
MIKE STAND - SIMPLE EXPRESSION/1990
















THIS ALBUM CONTAIN(10-TRACKS)
1-ALL I WANT IS TO LIVE
2-FOOTSTEPS OF LOVE
3-STAND & FALL
4-WHISPER IN THE MORNING
5-BLAME IT ON THE HEART
6-CHANGES
7-TIME PRESSING DANCE
8-GREAT THINGS HAPPEN
9-I MELT INTO YOU
10-FOLLOW YOU
BIOGRAPHY:
Most people probably don't know much about Mike Stand. But the heart, honesty and raw energy generated by Mike and his band, the Altar Boys, were rarely matched in their genre - Christian music - or any other. This disc is a combination of Mike's solo work. I still have Simple Expression, but someone borrowed Do I Stand Alone? and never gave it back. It contains some Great Heartland Guitar Rock, kind of like the BoDeans or maybe Bruce Springsteen. "I'm Only Human" starts off the disc, and probably deservedly so. If any of Mike's songs personifies him, it's probably this song. But what kind of bothers me is that whoever put together this album decided to slightly rearrange the order of the songs, instead of leaving in its original form. What's more, a song the Simple Expression album, "Fade Into You", is ommited entirely.There's something about his songs and his style that had me hooked from the first time I heard him all those years ago. There are several great songs on this disc: "Do I stand Alone", "Footsteps of Love", "Whisper in the Morning", "Simple Truth". Simple songs that rock and stir your soul at the same time. Highly recommended! But outside those quirks, this album is a keeper for me and a relief that I can actually find these songs.

REVIEW FOR THE ALBUM(Do I Stand)
Simple Expressions" by Mike Stand on Alarma Records. Released at about the same time the Altar Boys officially retired, Mike Stand's second solo project allowed him to further explore his own his own songwriting talents away from the band. In retrospect, it's a pretty good album, no quite as strong as his "Do I Stand Alone" but still quite listenable. If you're a longtime fan and never managed to get this(Begging at the Temple Gate... )Ever wonder what happened to Mike Stand after the breakup of The Altar Boys, the first major CCM punk rawk band, and after his three solo albums? He formed this band in 1993, and so far has recorded three albums. This is the second one, released in 1995 on Gene Eugene's Brainstorm Artists International, continuing in the three-chord crunch tradition of his earlier punk band, with an updated-for-the-90s veneer. Shout magazine said of it, 'hits squarely in the middle of the classic rock formula: Big Guitars,Fast Rhythms, And Simple Singalong Choruses that offset more artistically weighted verses.' For fans of Soul Asylum.(http://www.holymetalrob.com/)